What Are The Green Basics For A Green Home?
- Super-Insulate under the slab, in the walls and in the ceiling. Greatly reduce the home’s energy requirements by constructing a tight envelope
- Build with Non-toxic, Fire-proof, Sound-proof, and Insulating Walls Systems
- Block Excessive Solar Heat Gain with smart site-specific designs
- Maximize Natural Ventilation with ceiling fans and strategically-vented windows
- Design for Daylighting and well-placed windows to reduce the home’s energy requirements
- Conserve Water with Super Low-Flow Fixtures and Toilets
- Support Local Craftsman by creating one-of-a-kind custom details
- Use Locally-Reclaimed Lumber for cabinetry, doors, shelving, and finish carpentry
- Install Low-E Windows and Insulating Window Coverings to reduce energy loss by 50%+ and block UV damage to carpet and furniture
- Design with Rapidly-Renewable Resources like bamboo flooring
- Install High-Quality Lifetime Carpet Padding which never needs replacing and reduces allergens
- Use Natural Earthen Plasters which are non-toxic, kill viruses and bacteria in the home’s air, naturally humidify the whole home, are locally produced, and are made from recycled materials
- Explore State-of-the-Art Septic Treatment Systems to naturally transform the home’s black and grey water into clean water for use in the landscape.
Design Permaculture Landscapes to create lush oases by amending soil, encouraging symbiotic plant and animal relationships, and make intelligent use of on-site water resources.